May 4, 2009

Writing about agile while confined to avoid getting Swine Flu

Arrived to Mexico City on business last April 27 just two hours short of the WHO’s request to close Mexico's borders due to the swine flu. Not surprising, this has been the less productive of all my business trips: For example my last 10-day trip included 12 meetings and 3 presentations. This 14-day trip I ended up with lots of cancelations and so far have had 3 meetings and if nothing else is cancelled will have one meeting and one presentation before returning to the USA in six days. I even got to experience no traffic in Mexico City, wow! Better be safe than sorry, right? Streets are empty and remind me of a scene from the Spanish movie "Abre Los Ojos", remade as "Vanilla Sky" in English. Fortunately, I am staying at a very safe place, away from public contact and have been feeling as well as usual.

On the bright side, this has given me time to take some rest and do some writing, including an article on agile, standards, and models to be published on the Software Guru magazine this summer, and preparing some more training materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment